I have promised myself to spend more time thinking and doing things for my health. This means everything from taking a daily vitamin to getting the right amount of sleep and yes, it also includes fitness. That heinous word that makes every couch potato shiver and shriek. I, like many others, do not love working out but I do enjoy the feeling afterwards. The feeling of accomplishment and muscle fatigue and hope and renewal that floods you after a great, sweaty workout. This feeling is what I will focus on in order to achieve my goal of becoming lean and fit. For too long I have felt substandard in my own body. In my own skin! But I can't do this to myself any longer. No more looking at my belly with regret after a large meal. No more sucking in when I'm around people I intend to impress. No more feeling like I would be more beautiful or would feel better if I could be thinner or fit into that one cute dress. I can't do it and I won't.
From this day forward, I have goals and I intend to reach them.
No comments:
Post a Comment